Two China Dolls and a Prince!

This blog chronicles the story of 2 of our adoptions, both older children when they came home. It begins in 2008 and will continue in the hopes we can be of encouragement and information to anyone thinking of older child adoption.



Sunday, February 22, 2009

3 more days!!

Only 3 more days to go..........I'm starting to finally get excited and not just stressed out! Got most of our packing done and I think to a manageable level of suitcases (i'll post a picture when it's all together!). Jazmin is all excited about staying in the hotels; I hope the long flights don't mess with her too much. But she's such a trooper, I think she'll do alright.
Our travel came in quite a bit higher than expected, but after some slashing and negotiating, it came down. At least I don't feel I have to mortgage one of the kids to go now! The biggest bummer is we had to take out the side trip to Jazmin's orphanage, due to the extra cost and incredible hectic pace it would have put us at. Now we are just staying in Nanning for a couple nights to recuperate and show Jazmin the places we went with her as a baby. I think that'll mean more to her anyway.
Jessica and James are just psyched as all get out to go to their friends' houses; almost to the point they're pushing us out the door early! I will miss them so much! I was never able to get webcams for everyone, so will just have to rely on Skype and pictures; hope it all works out.
Today, I just have to go to church, go to work for a few hours, work more with the kids' on their science projects, and go over our adoption paperwork packet. Just another typical day!

3 comments:

recoveryagent2 said...

I'm with Jessica and James, can't wait to get you out the door so I can follow this journey to Judi.
Wishing you a fantastic trip. Travel Safe.
Penny

Aus said...

Hey Debbie - I followed the link from Julie's blog to find you - Marie and I returned from GZ with our 5th child (2nd adoption) about a year ago - and I've been re-living China "virtually" ever since! Looking forward to following your journey - fair winds and following seas -

aus and co.
ausfamily.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

Well, it's almost here. I can't wait to follow you in Kunming. I will be taking lots of notes!!!!

Good Luck and I wish you all the best.

Lisa C.