Two China Dolls and a Prince!

This blog chronicles the story of 2 of our adoptions, both older children when they came home. It begins in 2008 and will continue in the hopes we can be of encouragement and information to anyone thinking of older child adoption.



Saturday, April 28, 2012

Long day and a mistake I hope doesn't come back to haunt me!

So today, as expected, was a really long day.  I got Jaz to school at 715 and then made copies of the dossier docs and waited for the post office to open.  I get over there, get all my envelopes in order....a Priority one for the State Certifier's office; inside that went an Express envelope addressed to There's Always Hope in Chicago, and inside THAT was all the stuff needed for authentication AND another Express airbill for Denise Hope to send the docs back to me.  So i was so proud of myself for keeping it all straight; right??  Later, I'm watching my kids play their ball games, and it hits me:  I forgot to do tracking or delivery confirmation on the entire packet going from my town to KC!  So if it gets lost, I'm sunk.....I hope and pray nothing happens to it just going that short distance.  Staying up as late as I did last night is NOT a good idea!

James' team lost one game, won one; Jessica's team won 2 out of 3 and got 2nd in the tournament; yay!  Jessica herself got two great hits and eventually got home to add her run to the game.  She's had a lot of trouble hitting, so it was great to see!  Jazmin had a choir festival at 2:30, so I drove to Harrisonville to see her, then we came back to Leeton to watch the older girls' final game, which they won 20 to 2!  Never eaten so much junk food in my life, it seems!

Finally got home around 8pm and I am soooo tired!  I did exactly what I planned, my feet are up and relaxing, but I can hardly keep my eyes open.  A much less busy day planned for tomorrow (other than grocery shopping to feed the "critters").

No comments: