Two China Dolls and a Prince!

This blog chronicles the story of 2 of our adoptions, both older children when they came home. It begins in 2008 and will continue in the hopes we can be of encouragement and information to anyone thinking of older child adoption.



Wednesday, June 25, 2008

THE BIG 40!!

NOTICE MY POST IS IN BLACK TYPE TODAY!
Today is my birthday; I am 40 years old. I simply cannot wrap my mind around that number; I don't feel as if I should be this "old"! James has told me all day that I look very young for "my age"; I think that's supposed to make me feel better?! Jessica, 14, of course, tells it like it is; "you know, Mom, you'll start to get wrinkles now!" Trust me, they're there now, they're just easier to hide right SO FAR! And Jazmin tells me "you're so beautiful, Mommy!" Just makes me grab her up and squinch her in a hug.
She talks non-stop about Judi and what she will teach her; I hope the reality is as good as the anticipation. We are still waiting on the notice for our fingerprint appt; should have been here by now. I'm giving it til Monday, then I'm calling!
Debbie

No comments: