Two China Dolls and a Prince!

This blog chronicles the story of 2 of our adoptions, both older children when they came home. It begins in 2008 and will continue in the hopes we can be of encouragement and information to anyone thinking of older child adoption.



Thursday, July 3, 2008

FINGERPRINTED!!!!!!!!

For anyone not in the adoption world, this is a BIG step! After waiting 3 weeks for our notice to BE fingerprinted (you have to be invited), I had to call. I actually got ahold of a REAL, LIVE person at the office, and she said she would send me the notices asap. Well, I practically camped out at the mailbox all weekend and by Tuesday, no notice. Imagine my disgust and embarassment when I realized she had sent them by EMAIL, for goodness sake! So I had them for 3 days and didn't even know it!
So today, we drove 1.5 hours up to the immigration office, walked in and walked out 10" later, and drove 1.5 hours home. Now, we wait for the real deal, the final immigration approval, the coveted I-171H!
Debbie

No comments: