Two China Dolls and a Prince!

This blog chronicles the story of 2 of our adoptions, both older children when they came home. It begins in 2008 and will continue in the hopes we can be of encouragement and information to anyone thinking of older child adoption.



Thursday, July 24, 2008

JUDI'S ADOPTION IN JEOPARDY!!

Today we got an email and when I opened it, I literally freaked out. It was from our adoption agency and it said "we are closing". I can't describe to you the feelings I experienced with those words; it was a blow and all I could think of was losing Judi; how on earth would I explain this to the kids??!!
I read a little further and the email went on to explain that our adoptions were safe (though trust had gone out the window by now) and not to worry.
NOT TO WORRY??
You should have seen the emails from the families on our agency Yahoo group; they were flying back and forth all night. We all have no idea what will happen; all we can do is sit and wait; some of the families are very close to DTC (dossier to China), including us! In fact, I had just sent my dossier to Adoption House with a big check attached; at 11:00 pm, I called my bank's 1-800 # and cancelled it. This is just crazy; how does something like this happen?
We are praying hard tonight; if God's plan is for Judi to come home to us, He will make it happen. If not, we must trust Him, though my heart will be broken.
Debbie

1 comment:

Lou Ellen said...

So, what do you do in a situation like this? Our agency closed one office and it worried me. Did another agency take over all the cases from your first agency?

I realize it has been a while and you are still in process, so (thankfully) it has somehow worked out.