Two China Dolls and a Prince!

This blog chronicles the story of 2 of our adoptions, both older children when they came home. It begins in 2008 and will continue in the hopes we can be of encouragement and information to anyone thinking of older child adoption.



Thursday, December 11, 2008

Whoa...

I was just reading my last two posts and I seem to have a problem. It's obvious I'm focusing too much on the negative things going on right now, so I'm going to take this moment to accentuate the positive. First, my hubby, Jr - he is my complete opposite, when I am stressed, he calms me down. When I get mad, he just lets me work through it. And he's been right there with me as we've slogged thru the paperwork and ups and downs of adoption. He is ready for our new daughter, whatever her future may hold; ready to handle whatever reaction she has to us in China and just go with the flow.
Now, my oldest daughter, Jessica: she's had a rough start to 8th grade, but has just kept plugging along and never giving up. She's a beautiful, bright girl who has to remember sometimes she doesn't have to grow up so fast. In just a little over 4 years, she'll graduate, I can hardly imagine that day; she hates it when I just sit and look at her, but I'm trying to etch these moments on my mind because I know they'll be gone too soon.
James, my son, what a kid! I love talking to him about things, because he doesn't just accept things as is, he's got to know WHY! He'll debate an issue to death and has really stumped me at times with his views. He's smart as a whip, sensitive, and 100% boy. He started 6th grade this year and his biggest adjustment was learning to navigate the social drama of 6th grade; who's going with whom, who broke up with such and such, oh my!
And then there's my baby, Jazmin (who would be mad I called her a baby). She was ready to go to China yesterday! Thanks to her big brother and sister, she's 5 going on 20, and keeps us all in stitches with her antics. She's always ready for a tussle with Bubby (James) or a snuggle with Sissy (Jessica) and everyone who meets her loves her (because she's so sweet and polite, then comes homes and goes crazy with Bubby!)
We have a warm house, food on the table, and will have a nice Christmas. And I am so grateful to the Lord above for these wonderful parts of my life.
Debbie

No comments: