Two China Dolls and a Prince!

This blog chronicles the story of 2 of our adoptions, both older children when they came home. It begins in 2008 and will continue in the hopes we can be of encouragement and information to anyone thinking of older child adoption.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Leaving tomorrow...sad, but happy, too

Well, our time in Guangzhou is going really fast; seems like we're doing something all the time or I'm trying to find shopping time. That's usually about 9 at night after Judi goes to sleep; since we are at the Shifu, the shopping street is well-light with lots of people, so I can shop til about 10:30 safely when all the shops start closing.

Monday, we went to the toy and electronic market. The only good thing about it was that we bought 92 DVDs for our home collection to replace many of our VHS's; they cost about $1.50 USD apiece. We split them up in our suitcases and had no issues with customs. But I was kind of disappointed in the rest; Nintendo Ds's, Wii stuff, etc, were all about US prices, so no bargains there. The toy market was ok, we got some little things for Jazmin's classmates, but it was really stall after stall of the same stuff. Probably wouldn't put on my itinerary again; once is enough.

We were free that afternoon, so walked to the island and did some major shopping; dropped about $300 USD on all kinds of stuff; lots of gifts for people and a suitcase to put it all in! Jr became quite the good haggler; I was very impressed and we got some great deals. Then of course, we went to Lucy's; still great food; Judi liked it because she could get up and run around without us saying too much.

She continues to show us her "spunky" side and loves to test us; cars are still tough because she just doesn't get the concept of sitting down. Jr has been seatbelting her in now to get ready for the US, and she HATES it, so then will start trying to hit him. She does it once, then he gets on her and she lets loose with the loud tears. We've learned this is a ploy for sympathy, so we just ignore it and she calms down pretty quick, though she still gets those sulky looks on her face. Wonder if she'll settle down or get worse when we get home. Staying home for 10 weeks with this little fireball has got me somwhat worried. I hope I'm up to the challenge.

No comments: