Two China Dolls and a Prince!

This blog chronicles the story of 2 of our adoptions, both older children when they came home. It begins in 2008 and will continue in the hopes we can be of encouragement and information to anyone thinking of older child adoption.



Friday, August 3, 2012

FINALLY LEAVING!!!!!

This is it.    Bags are packed, flights are booked (within 4 days of departure), the all-important paperwork is packed.   We leave tomorrow at 7:49 am.  I've spent the last two days literally glued to my computer as I had to make some of the hotel arrangements and book some of the in-China flights myself.  I have gained a new respect for travel agents everywhere :).  But finally today, I booked the last China flight and figured out our Chengdu accommodations as a glitch came up.  We are winding up staying in two different places but we will be able to switch before we get Jaxon, so as not to have to pull him in different directions so soon after Gotcha Day.

Speaking of Gotcha Day, it is Wednesday, August 7, in the afternoon!  5 days from now, we'll have 5 kids!  I am both nervous and excited; not a good combination on the stomach.  The girls are sad we are leaving, but some of our friends are going to invite them over for sleepovers so the time should go fast.  I reminded them that Jessica and James had to wait for us when we went to get them :).

We'll get back on August 22nd (our first day of school) in the early afternoon, and sleep for the next few days I hope!  In the meantime, we'll Skype with the family during our trip.

Speaking of Skype, that is an amazing thing!  We got to "see" Jaxon last Monday night over Skype and talked with him for about an hour.  He looks like a funny, easygoing kind of kid and he had lots of good questions for us too.  Overall, I think it gave us an idea of at least who to look for on Gotcha Day :)!

Bon voyage...my next post will be from somewhere else.................

1 comment:

EHedden said...

I saw hope you are able to post from Chengdu. I hope everything goes so well for you. IF you see Gou, Dong Gen....remember your impressions. :)

Evelyn