Two China Dolls and a Prince!

This blog chronicles the story of 2 of our adoptions, both older children when they came home. It begins in 2008 and will continue in the hopes we can be of encouragement and information to anyone thinking of older child adoption.



Thursday, August 9, 2012

Happy Valley

Thursday,August 9, 2012
Still having issues with the pictures but working on it!
Today was go to the Civil Affairs office, sign one piece of paper, and verify the adoption certificate.
When Susie got here, she said for me to come, but not the boys!  She insisted they stay (why, I don't know), so very reluctantly, I told James to look after NingNing and left.  I know they're big boys, but still..........
Then we went off to the Happy Valley amusement park.  A fun day, but hot (again) and wet (sweating), but the boys had fun.  NingNing has begun to display a great deal of affection to James, i.e. hanging on him, putting his hand on his shoulder, pushing each other around as only brothers will do...he'll grab James' shirt and pull him in the direction he wants him to go, otherwise he is pretty much glued to James side.  I'm also still getting in my shoulder rubs and arm squeezes.

I also discovered another affection-promoting opportunity quite by accident.  We went into a Haunted Castle which NingNing wasn't too sure about.  Inside, there was a completely dark hallway with "dead" bodies hanging everywhere.  By American standards, it really wasn't very scary, but in that hallway, NingNing pushed up next to me and grabbed me; I promptly held him and continued to do so until we were through the hallway; it's just the best feeling ever when your new child trusts you enough to allow that so soon; I of course cherished every second.

I know this is the "honeymoon" period, but I am enjoying it immensely; he is such an easy kid to fall in love with :).
Tonight; off to "hotpot" dinner, a Sichuan specialty much like fondue; you "cook" your items in a scalding broth and then "cool" them in oil (yikes), but we have to try it since it's the signature dish of the province, then off to a little shopping, and tomorrow to Guangzhou!

No comments: